Thread: TT Ice Race and Radar Runs for UTV's, ATV's, Bikes, and Snowmobiles

Default TT Ice Race and Radar Runs for UTV's, ATV's, Bikes, and Snowmobiles

I wanted to jump on here and let you know of an ice race. The North Iowa Off Road Group is hosting TT Ice Races and Radar Runs north of Algona Iowa. From the junction of HWY 169 and HWY 18 go north about 3 miles to Smith Lake (northwest side). The race will be Febuary 6, sign up at 9 am and races at 11am $15 entry fee for each event. Heated club house with concessions will be available on site. I can e-mail or fax you a flyer just let me know e-mail; adamscorner@netamumail.com or call 515-314-6188. Give us a shot, this is the second year for this event.

TT Ice Race Classes
    Motorcycle Open
    2X4 Pro Open (450cc and bigger)
    2X4 Open
    4X4 Open Studded
    4X4 Open Unstudded
    Junior 15 and Younger 250cc and smaller
    UTV Open Unstudded

Radar Run Classes
    Motorcycle Open
    2X4 Pro Open (450cc and bigger)
    2X4 Open
    4X4 Open Studded
    4X4 Open Unstudded
    Junior 15 and Younger 250cc and smaller
    Snowmobile Studded Open
    Snowmobile Unstudded Open
    Snowmobile Unlimited
    UTV Open Unstudded

ALL VEHCILES MUST BE REGISTERED WITH IOWA DNR

We look forward to seeing you there!
    Adam
    Last edited by Sportsmans878; January 14th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

Did anyone make it to this? I was planning on heading up with a fellow IATVHSS racer but the snow threw a wrench in the works. Hopefully it went well.
    Jeremy Thompson
    #729 - Utility
    #729 - UTV Open

Sponsors: RacerTech; Hicklin Powersports;GoPro; SuperATV.com;Looney Tuned Exhaust;
    Special thanks to Can-Am, the track crew, and all the land owners who let us race!

Yes It went really well. Thanks for all who made it up. We had 12 Utilities in the main, 15 sports with 12 in the main, and 4 bikes. There was a couple more classes, but the ones to watch were the utilities and the sports. 12 lap main was cool!!

Look forward to running at least two races next year up here.

The Radar run was a big success as well!

I went there and competed in the 15 person 12 lap main. All i can say is it was one hell of an adrenaline rush haha. I loved it and it was quite the turnout. Definately showin up next year. Heads up ice racing is crazy. Screw the time trial stuff. Highly recommended everyone wanting to try this kinda racing out should do it...

Thanks Spoo922,

We have had a lot of great feed back about the race. We might be doing two races next year! Spread the word!

If you guys do ice racing next year let me know there are a couple of us down here in SE Iowa that would make the trip.

2013 Ice races series is set, check out the info on the new thread.